Tonight was another night of questions from Gwen about the things of God. I find it a hard thing to answer her questions because I feel like I have to be truthful. She asked if hell is real. She asked who the leader of hell is. She asked if people die in hell. She says she feels bad wanting to be baptized because she doesn't love Jesus with all her heart yet. I told her that it comes with time as she gets to know Him better by reading the Bible and praying. We read the story of the eunuch that Phillip explained the scripture and who Christ was and afterward he got baptized. She liked this story and she was able to articulate her thinking better tonight. I am hesitant to write about it because it is so tender of a moment and because I'm sure I'm leaving many things out that were said. But I want to remember... She prayed and through tears told God she wanted to obey Him. Nothing is like hearing that from your child's lips unscripted.
I remember when I gave my heart to the Lord at 7. That night dad told me that it was the most important decision of my life, and it was. Later that night beside my bed I knealed down and thanked Him for what He did for me. My sister actually was concerned for me because I was crying and went to get mom. (We shared a bed) Mom knew somehow that I just was processing what had happened. Coming to Christ is a stumbly path sometimes. Gwen said tonight that she was asking in her mind questions and then opening her heart. I assured her that God wanted her to use both her brain and her heart and that He must have an amazing plan for her life. So...31 years ago I was by my bedside crying in thanks to God and now I am crying again for the same reason. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment