Sunday, May 10, 2015

Gwen

This last week Gwen has been asking questions about how to be baptized which lead to other discussions about how someone gives their life over to God. I would come downstairs after those discussions and cry just thinking of her trusting in Christ. Ben and I have had many hushed conversations about if we think she is getting ready to make a decision. We have explained that people come to the Lord at different times in their lives. I did at 7, daddy did at 13. It is a very important decision that can only be made by her.  We felt she wasn't ready so we encouraged her to pray about it and we would pray too and to keep asking questions and we would try to help her get answers.

Yesterday morning she asked to pray with us and so we did. I still wasn't sure she understood enough yet, but I never say no to a request to pray with her. She was very interested in baptism and I explained that it was a picture of something that has already happened in someone's heart. Ben stayed home from church last night with Zeke because he had a fever, so it was just Gwen and I. She looked up at me at the end of the sermon while they were passing out communion elements and said "I'm not ready to be babitized" (that's how she says it) I told her it's ok and it takes time. She started crying, I started crying. So, Gwen is seeking. Gwen asked me last night before bed to pray that Jesus would come and talk to her in her dreams. I did. It's funny how Gwen latches onto things. She heard that Elijah went to heaven in a fiery chariot and that Enoch didn't die either, but was taken up to heaven without experiencing death and she brings that up a lot. So, we are waiting and watching what God does with Gwen. 


No comments: