Friday, January 16, 2015

Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Hash

I've made these several times after someone brought them to me after having Romy.  You need to try this.  I like eating it over a few tortilla chips.  The kids like eating them in a flour tortilla and I've even put them on a salad before... all good.  I sometimes also add grilled chicken to this dish to make it a little more filling.

2 whole sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed small
2 whole jalapenos diced (I use pickled jalapenos)
1 whole red pepper, diced small
1 whole red onion, diced small
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 pinch salt and pepper
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 c fresh cilantro (I sometimes leave this out and it's fine)
2 tsp fresh lime juice
2 C shredded cheddar
Tortilla chips or wraps

In a bowl, toss raw veggies in olive oil and season with spices.  Place on a parchment paper lined cookie pan and roast in 425 for 20 minutes. (toss halfway through)  Let cool.  Add black beans.  Add cilantro and squirt of lime juice.  Combine gently.  Mixture can be stored for later use.

If you are making burritos you can premake them and wrap them in aluminum foil.  You can keep in fridge for 3-4 days and pop in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes for a quick lunch or dinner.  Enjoy!

No comments: