Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Debatable


I signed up to teach a three day debate class.  I thought it would be an interesting challenge.  Little did I know that there are many types of debate.  I did Lincoln Douglas debate in college.  This class's text is "An Introduction to Policy Debate."  A different animal indeed.  I'm scared.  I'm a novice and I'm supposed to teach them.  It's a homeschooling group called "Classical Conversations".  I've made a plan, I've read the text, made notes, asked local debate teachers for help, read their stuff and made more notes.  I figure we'll learn something in the process of all of this... and maybe it will be somewhat interesting.  If I am not cooking, cleaning, in the car or sleeping or doing laundry, I'm doing debate.

Most of all, I hope I convey that it is good to think and reason together and ultimately lead others to know Christ. 

  

No comments: