Saturday, November 30, 2013

My Mom's Apple Pie

My personal favorite pie is pumpkin.  We never had it in our family.  My mom doesn't like it.  I adore it, and might actually request it for my birthday.  Anyway, something my mom makes that I really love is her apple pie.  It has a crumb topping that seriously, even Amish people can't even get better.  Here is the recipe.  You have to try it to believe it.

Peel and Slice apples (Granny Smiths are best).  (I used 4 large apples, but I wish I'd have used 6) Mix 1/2 C sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon and mix with apples.  Pour into uncooked pie shell.

Mix 1/2 C sugar with 3/4 C flour and cut in 6 T butter until crumbly.  Pour over apples and spread out.  Bake in 400 degree oven for about 35 min when it should be getting browned a bit on top.  IT'S DELICIOUS.

No comments: