When I got my first walkman for Christmas one year mom got some cassette tapes to go along with it. One was the Carpenters, the other The Lettermen. Um... I thought they were super lame, but I listened to them anyway and memorized every word of every song and finally they became some of my favorite songs. In fact, I suggested this song, Moments to Remember, as our graduating class song and was promptly labeled a freak by my class. Instead they chose Garth Brooks "The River." Whatever.
Here are some moments to remember of late here at the Barreth ranch. I have a friend that picks up Gwen in the mornings and takes her to kindergarten for me. (what a blessing!) Anyway, they have a kindergartner too and she recently told him that her PaPa (Ben's dad) likes to eat owl legs. I learned of this through a text that she sent to me that said "does Ben's dad eat owl legs?" to which I replied, "are you drunk?" She assured me she wasn't and I assured her he didn't eat owl legs. I did ask Ben if British people eat owl legs... just in case.
The other day the kids got into quite a pickle at the new neighbor's house. You see, the new neighbors have three kids and the smallest (4 1/2) mind you, knows their garage code. Gwen must have learned it watching her type it in. The other day Gwen typed it in and raised their garage code and Zeke went in. Gwen typed more numbers and the garage door went down... with Zeke in there. Did I mention that the neighbors were not at home? Did I also mention that I was nursing at the time and I don't happen to know their garage code? Did I also mention that Gwen suddenly had amnesia about the right numbers to open the garage door? After calling the neighbors repeatedly to no avail we talked Zeke through walking through their house and to the front door and unlocking it to get out. Whew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That garage story! wow!
Post a Comment