I'm in Alabama visiting my mom and dad. My mom is about to start chemotherapy. She had a small lump that they found in a mammogram that they took out and they took out some lymph nodes. We thought she would only have to have radiation... but we were wrong. Some of the lymph nodes came back having cancer cells in them, so they are going to do chemo and radiation. We don't really know what the future holds of course, but we are optimistic and she has a good prognosis.
I was looking through some cards that she got recently that she had on her counter and found this one from her mail carrier. I was so touched that her mail carrier took the time to send a card and even know my mom. I don't believe my mail carrier knows me. This is the remarkable thing about the south I think. People want to really know you. Everyday kindness like this makes a difference.
1 comment:
That is so sweet :) Our mail carrier seems to change so often I don't know him or her, but the UPS lady who comes to our street knows us even though we rarely get packages. She has honked at us when we were out riding bikes and even saw us out of uniform at a store. It is welcoming :)
I hope your mom responds well to the treatment!!
Post a Comment