Remember this phone chair I got at the MOPS consignment sale for $5? Well, I've been working on it. I took off the pink fabric and was pretty convinced that the fabric underneath was the original because the pattern was pretty dated. I was wrong.
Painting and second layer of fabric.... groovy!
Then I started taking that fabric off and low and behold, there is another layer underneath. Ugh...
This is what I'd like for my phone chair to look like in the end sitting at the top of my stairs. There's quite a journey in there between and it takes time. You can't spray paint, recover and stencil your chair in one day. I thought to myself, Lord what if you took away the thin fabric that I show the outside world... would there be some funky pattern underneath? I'm going to really try to let this Advent season be one where I let the Lord show me the old fabric underneath that needs to be thrown out... ya know?
Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6

No comments:
Post a Comment