Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What's Up

I recently did a freezer meal exchange and made my mom's recipe for apple pie for part of my dinner. I felt like a true Amish person... except for I have electricity and an electric stove... but still.


This is one thing I've been working on. I'm beginning to redo Zeke and Gwen's bathroom upstairs and I found two frames at a garage sale that I bought. I spray painted them and put burlap in the background to hang as decorations above hooks for their towels. Right now there is a towel bar, but they can't really hang up their own towels on that. So I'm installing hooks so they can be responsible for their own towels. I plan on painting a wooden "Z" and "G" and gluing to the burlap so they know which hook is theirs.

My herb pots are all ready to go. Now I just have to decide what I'd like....

It has been such a warm winter and early spring that I thought I'd take a little chance with this crazy Kansas weather and put some things in the ground early. I'm going to wait a few weeks on tomatoes... but I really hope this year is a better year than last. I want my tomato sandwiches! Last year we had a problem of rabbits getting into our garden and having snacks. Well... Ben took care of that with this little fence. I hope it helps. I put in romaine lettuce, brussels sprouts (my new vegetable obsession), and broccoli. My kids LOVE broccoli and Gwen really likes brussels sprouts. I think Zeke will learn to like them.


I will try to be better about letting you know what is going on. I'm getting lazy when it comes to blogging... but I do enjoy looking back and seeing how blessed we are.

No comments: