Monday, March 05, 2012

Around Town Continued

First off, let me show you something interesting. This quilt was made by my Great Grandmother and is going on display in Nebraska soon. It actually has my Grandfather's name "Leland" and his birthday sewn onto it. My Great Grandmother had 12 kids and wasn't very educated hence the misspellings and backward "N"s. I must say my relatives had some interesting names. Riller? Codle? If you'll notice that Preston is on there. That's my mom's Uncle and who my brother Preston is named after. Let's just say my ancestors aren't exactly gifted in the quilting department. :)


Saturday mom and I ventured out alone and found ourselves at this little coffee shop. I've seen it before and said outloud, "I'm going to stop there one day" and I finally did. It used to be a gas station back in the early 1900's. I had a chai latte and it was like drinking a gingerbread man.


We also went to Pryde's Old Westport. They specialize in hard to find kitchen gadgets and items. Let's just say I LOVE IT and it is not for the claustrophobic.



I also love these whisk chandeliers in there!


In the back they have a pie shop where it is always "pie o'clock" they say and this stove is back there. We didn't get a piece of pie, but I had to snap a picture of this stove.


No comments: