Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Stuff and the Best Banana Bread on the Planet

The dreaded hand foot and mouth disease is back in our house this winter. There is no medicine for this... just have to wait it out. It's bad and it seriously limits getting out of the house. Well... I guess that's the way the good Lord has let us know we need to stay home more this week.

Here's my girl with the first sign of hand foot and mouth.


She wasn't feeling well so she laid down in her bed and Zeke decided on his own to lay down with her to keep her company. I found them in there listening to classical music on the radio (Kansas public radio) and talking. Oh, and yes, Zeke had it too and it turned into infantigo and now that that is healing Gwen gets it.


Our Valentine's boxes we made last week. Gwen chose a butterfly box and drew her own name on the box.

With a suggestion from his mama Zeke decided on a frog box.

and now... what you've all been waiting for... the Best Banana Bread Recipe I've Ever Had! Up until this point, my mother's recipe topped the charts, but this one I like better. (sorry mom)

2C flour
1 1/4 C walnuts (toasted) (I used toasted pecans instead and not as much)
3/4 C sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 very ripe, soft, darkly speckled bananas- mashed well
1/4 C plain yogurt (I used plain Greek yogurt)
2 large eggs, beaten lightly
6 T unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract (homemade if you have it!)

Bake 350 oven for 55 minutes in a loaf pan. YUM!

1 comment:

Beki Lee said...

They are so cute- even with foot and mouth disease!