Close up of my Zekeaboy. He got discharged from physical therapy today. He is crawling really well now and in a few short weeks has managed to figure out going up stairs and pulling up and beginning to cruise. I am amazed at him. He also has learned to "kiss" and shrieks like you wouldn't believe when he sees injustice, such as Gwen getting apple juice and he isn't. Ben says it sounds like a baby eagle getting stabbed by a fork. Pretty accurate I think.
We attempted to shine all our pennies today. We have a lot of pennies. Gwen wore her princess (low cut) number for the penny shining party. Let's just say I was not impressed with the results. Don't bother is all I can say. So, we sorted the pennies from the other coins. Good practice for her and I've decided I'm going to teach her about Benjamin Franklin and how he said "a penny saved is a penny earned." He did say that didn't he? Can you find a coloring page of Benjamin Franklin?
Our penny jar. I told her when it gets full she gets to take it to the store and buy a toy. I pity the salesperson.
She helps me sweep all in her princess garb and holding a flower. Tra la la...
Is there any other word that comes to mind but GORGEOUS????
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
They are soooo cute! And I know this is pointless, but couldn't you talk Gwen into wearing a turtleneck shirt with her dress??? Seeing snow out the window and her nearly naked makes ME cold! I know, that is asking a lot, considering Gwen's personality, lol.
How about this?
http://www.kookerkids.com/Coloring/july4/images/Independence-Day-0158.gif
I search online for coloring pages all the time! I have tried penny cleaning with unsatisfactory results too. Did you mix the salt and vinegar with some flour to make a paste?
There is some sort of acid we used in chemistry that cleans pennies really well...but I am pretty sure the fumes alone will kill a small puppy! Counting coins is a big, big deal and knowing how much they are worth (5 cents, etc). However, that is some pretty big math skills. I like pennies for counting to 100 and even dividing into piles of 5 or 10 to count to 100. She will do this in school.
You know that I agree with your momma about the turtle neck shirts!
Granny P
Post a Comment