Monday, January 03, 2011

2010 in Review

Well... it seemed fun so Leah... I'm copying you and answering these questions for myself.


1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? gave birth to a boy

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?  
probably not.  There is a reason I usually make vague resolutions  

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Just me

4. Did anyone close to you die?
 No.

5. What countries did you visit? none, but I did go to Korea in Aug 2009

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? More massages... definitely more massages, and good veggies this summer, and more knowledge about random things like aloe plants

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?January 9th of course when I met my Zeke and December 25th this year was pretty memorable.. snow on Christmas day in Alabama

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
 learning to discipline better and making friends

9. What was your biggest failure? My neighbor who had stage 4 cancer... I told him we were praying for him but failed to share Christ

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? no

11. What was the best thing you bought? paint for my bedroom walls... I was tired of that green

12. Where did most of your money go? Well... we bought a furnace/AC this year and redid the siding on the chimney.  Our everyday expenses were high and we gave some.

13. What did you get really excited about? my vanilla extract

14. What song will always remind you of 2010? The House That Built Me

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:

– happier or sadder? 
I'm happier
– thinner or fatter? er... which month are we talking about. Thinner slightly
– richer or poorer? richer in many ways

16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
 gotten massages, worked out more, laughed

17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
worry!

18. How did you spend Christmas? We were in Alabama with my family

19. What was your favorite TV program? America's Funniest Home Videos, cause it comes on at 6am and I need a laugh if I'm up then.

20. What were your favorite books of the year? the pioneer book series that I read... can't remember the author.. Jane something

21. What was your favorite music from this year?
 I like Lady Antebellum and Miranda Lambert... country

22. What were your favorite films of the year? The Guardians of G'Houle 

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? um, I don't remember I was 33 last Jan 6th  *  now I remember... I was hugely pregnant with Zeke at home waiting for him to come!!

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? well... more sleep ect.

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? sweat pants here I come!

26. What kept you sane? friends, my projects, laughter, blogging, Jesus and Ben

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. Worry doesn't do anything for anyone.  Things can look very bleak, and then the very next day you have a breakthrough.  Never discount the power of a good night's sleep on any mood.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I loved lots of those answers! I wonder with mom making all of these lavender sachet things, could you use vanilla extract as scent....just a thought, I know you have lots of it. I love the smell of vanilla, so if you come up with something send me one :-)

Sue MORRIS said...

You have to look at the good side of things in life to be content and happy - example: Do you weigh more or less than last year? You weigh LOTS less than you did Jan. 4th last year, right??
What you weighed Jan 1, 2010
minus
what you weighed Jan 1, 2011
equals an impressive number!!
Wish I had lost that much :-p