Saturday, January 22, 2011

New Job, Salt Sculptures

Ben is starting a new job Monday, so he brought home all the things from the office... including the cardboard cutout of himself that he has.  He had it done in Miami as a joke for a meeting he wasn't going to be at and well, he kept it.  I think it will be of great use when Gwen starts to date.  What do you think? :)  We fooled Gwen when she got up from her nap with the cardboard cutout of daddy at the end of the stairs.


She said "hi daddy" and then I said "wait, this isn't daddy" and pushed it over.  We didn't want her to get upset so Ben jumped out and said "here I am."  She laughed.  Oh, and yes, she wears dance outfits to nap sometimes. :)


She is such a daddy's girl right now.  I can't blame her really.  He is quite remarkable.


Today we made the salt sculptures that I told you about in my post entitled "winter fun".  I don't want you to think I suggest all these things and never do them.  Oh no!  Well... it's crumbly and really for older kids... but we managed to get a Z and G and little man out of it.


Very "Tiny Tim" like don't you think?  One leg is shorter than the other... oh well.  I'm not going to tell you what Ben thought it looked like.  I'll give you one small hint.  It's something that a baby does lots of.


What's next you may be asking?  Shiny pennies activity of course!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gwen looks so grown up in these pics!
Laura S