Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cinnamon Bread

Today I made cinnamon bread for Thanksgiving guests that will be staying at Ben's Grandmother's house. I tried a bit of it and it tasted delicious. I thought I'd share the recipe with you all. The only thing is that my dough didn't rise as much as I think it should have. I'm not sure why. Maybe I'll try again sometime. If you are one that likes cinnamon rolls, but doesn't like icing oozing off of them, then this bread is for you.

1 C milk- heat to a very warm temperature
3 T butter, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 2 T sugar- add both to milk until butter is incorporated in
1 egg white- beat till frothy, add to milk mixture
add a cup of flour to above

Dissolve 1 pkg yeast in 1/4 C lukewarm water. Let rise a bit, then add to above. Stir in 2 C flour, one cup at a time, then add flour as needed. approx. 1/2 more if needed.

spray bowl with veg spray, put dough in bowl, spray top of dough. Cover with saran wrap and let double in size.

Mix together cinnamon and sugar (1 C sugar, a few T of cinn). Roll dough out in oblong strip. Spread with butter to about an inch from top. Sprinkle cin/sug mixture on butter. Roll up and pinch together at non-buttered end. Cut in half and place each loaf in bread pans, sprayed with veg spray. Cover and let rise until doubled in size. Bake at 350 for 25 min. Immediately after removing bread from oven and bread pans, baste with butter all over and let cool.



2 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Sounds good! I will have to try it. Maybe it would be bigger if you just make one loaf. 2 - 2.5 cups of flour doesn't sound like enough for 2 loaves to me.

Unknown said...

I followed your advice Leah and the loaf was much more satisfactory this time.