Friday, November 16, 2007

Fruit Pizza


Yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday. (also my brother Preston's birthday) I hosted a dinner for her last night and made this... fruit pizza for dessert. I was very proud of my masterpiece as I spelled her name out in fruit. I told Ben over the phone what I was doing and he said, "I think you've got way too much time on your hands." Here's the recipe!

14 inch pizza pan, lightly greased
sugar cookie dough
place slices of cookie dough in pan. Let soften and then smooth together to form a crust. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. (or less... watch it)
8 oz cream cheese
1/3 C sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
Beat above ingredients together. Spread on cooled cookie crust.

Fruit: You can use whatever fruit you like.. but I used banana slices (dipped in lemon juice so they don't turn brown), strawberries, mandarin oranges, blueberries, pineapple chunks, peach slices.
You could also use: seedless grapes cut in half, maraschino cherries, kiwi slices or whatever.
Arrange fruit to suit decorative tastes.

1/4 C apricot preserves
1 Tbsp water
Mix preserves and water for glaze. Drizzle over pizza. Chill and serve!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

my mom makes something very similar to that but in a pie pan and calls it fruit pie. lol.