I really love fruit. At my school there are many fruit trees- jackfruit, mango, orange just to name a few. The mango trees are very old and have many mangos on them. This time of year the teachers and students all clamor for them to take home and eat. Basically, it's an all out war of who gets to them first. Yesterday I was standing in the playground and I heard a big thump and I look over and see the most perfect mango sitting there saying, "eat me". So... I took it home and Ben and I ate it. I told Ben that I was bummed because I couldn't find any mangos 'cause other teachers claim them before I get there and blam... there it was delivered to me. Here's a picture of the one yesterday. (I know... taking pictures of fruit is a little scary, but hang in there)
Then, today I was hugely blessed! This was today's bounty.

I had never tasted a mango until I came to Miami. They are like a peach with an added zing. Incredible! Thank you Lord for mangos!

Two weeks ago a man at church gave me some passion fruit. I'd never tasted it in my life. He told me to take them home and dig out all the seeds, crush them up a bit, add some water and sugar, and then drink it. You can eat the seeds and everything. It is tart and like no other fruit I've ever tasted. It was SO GOOD! Apparently, the passion fruit takes its name from the flower symbolic of Christ's Passion. I personally thought it was for another reason. They grow on vines. Thank you Lord for passion fruit!

This week at church another man in our church gave me some lychee fruit. Again, I'd never tasted this fruit until I came to Miami. Usually you can buy it on the side of the road in the summer months, but this past summer I didn't see any for sale. Boy, was I sad. Lychee fruit is delicious. It tastes sort of like turkish delight except juicy. Thank you Lord for lychee fruit!
1 comment:
I seriously love mangos! I have one waiting for me in my kitchen. Love your blog Ben and Meredith!
Post a Comment