Sunday, March 04, 2007

Strange Sightings

All of the following pictures are within a two block radius of our apartment. I thought I'd share some unusual things Ben and I have noticed. The first one is really strange. We used to get our car serviced at this place called South Miami Auto Center. I guess they sold it because they tore it down. Now there are just bounds of rocks and a security fence up, BUT we noticed something a little odd there.
What? You don't see it? Let's zoom in.








OK... are you as surprised as we were? That's right... a fake skeleton in the midst of it all. Or is it fake? (kidding)







A duck egg. We saw the mama duck sitting on the nest the other day and I told Ben, "hey, this is a funny place for a duck to be sitting. I'll bet she has an egg under there." She hissed at us pretty good, so my suspicions were confirmed.





These are outside of an animal hospital near us. They are an elephant and a giraffe.






Finally, there is an old car around the corner from our place that I really like. It is from the 1940's and has this visor thing to block the sun. Why don't they make this on cars anymore? It makes perfect sense to me why everyone would want one of those things. There's Benny in the yellow shirt.

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

What!?!? They tore down South Miami Auto!! I took my car there several times when I lived up that way. Also, I'm impressed with your camera - it takes very clear pictures!