For those of you who don't know by now, I'm very intrigued by the Amish way of life. I don't want to become one and I feel that they are an unreached people group that needs to hear the gospel. For Christmas, Ben got me some books by a lady I've never read before. I've read similar books by another authoress named Beverly Lewis. I really enjoyed this new authoress. I think her books are neat 'cause she uses lots of Pennsylvania Dutch words in there. Below is the series that I just finished. I would recommend it highly! One quote I liked a lot from one of these books is "faults are thin where love is thick".



Just by chance I ran into a television interview by a woman named Ruth Irene Garrett and was interested in her true life story. She wrote about it in her book called "Crossing Over". It is about how she left the Amish life and became English. (English meaning anyone that isn't Amish) It is VERY interesting. I haven't finished it yet, but I'll let you know how it goes.
2 comments:
HEY why isn't there a character for me on MII?????
there IS a character for you.
Post a Comment