Saturday, December 02, 2006

Nativity mishap

At school I was helping a girl learn her Christmas lines and her lines were:
"The story of the first Christmas, taken from the gospel of Luke, Chapter 2... Cesaer Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. So Joseph and Mary began the long and tiring journey to Bethlehem, the city of David."

Well, this girl is a first grader and so she is just beginning to read, so she said "The story of the first Christmas taken from LUCKY chapter 2"... I corrected her and said, "no, it's not lucky.. it's Luke..it's a book in the Bible." She laughed and said "oh, I thought it was lucky...and the Christmas story is in the Bible?"

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry... but I thought it was innocent anyway.

Then I try to help her with her other lines and she was having a hard time saying "Cesaer Augustus", so I asked her if she'd ever had a Cesaer salad and she had. So every time we came to that part I acted like I was eating a salad. Then she kept saying "Cesaer Augustus issued a DEGREE"... it took a long time, but I think she's finally got it.

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I love your blog Meredith! Whether you or Ben write, I always get the giggles!