So I've been in love with this idea of taking home one of the coconuts that I found at my new workplace. Yesterday I utilized my new scooter rack to carry a really sloshy coconut that I found by the lagoon at the BK building and I was determined to split that puppy open and see what it was like to sample free unbridled pre-dessicated and unadulterated coconut milk.This was harder than I anticipated.
I was thinking that my coconut was shaped very differently to the ones I've seen in the grocery store. Then I realized that I need to peel off the outer skin to get to the actual nut with the milk. This was a nightmare! First pieces of bark are flying everywhere as I'm bashing it with a huge knife and then even after making lots of slices into the shell/skin thing I couldn't peel it off. The skin had welded itself to the nut, in defiance of modern cutlery.Finally I was able to chip away enough bark to start peeling away small strips of the outer shell. Much was my joy.
The nut revealed! At this point I knew I had the upper hand. This must have been the sloshiest coconut I've ever heard of. I thought the coconut milk would practically explode out of the thing so I did the next step very carefully.
Chipping a hole in the nut, I drained out about a cup and a half of the milk inside.Now for the tasting!

Oddly enough it tasted just like pecans!
1 comment:
BENNY!!!!!
you are SO funny!!!! glad to hear you got your coconut open! how was the milk? i'm not such a fan!
Love you guys!
BB
Post a Comment