Saturday, May 06, 2017

All The Things

As you all know, I am a believer in Jesus.  I have grown up spiritually inclined and curious of how others experience and think about God.  I recently finished the study of Exodus, Leviticus and Numbers and I really have struggled with some of the stories in those three books.  I think it's good to struggle sometimes.  I mean, when I see my kids in the summer struggle during a swimming lesson it makes me panic a little bit, but then I have a little something I say in my mind to calm myself "there is value in this struggle." 

In particular, I struggled with the story in Numbers 25 when Phinehas son of Aaron, saw an Israelite man bring a Moabite chieftains' daughter into his tent to presumably have sex.  Well, Phinehas went in there and speared them both through and killed them.  The thing I had trouble with was God counting the murder of those two as righteousness.  I mean, just a book away and you have "do not kill."  Maybe God told Phinehas to do that, but it isn't recorded.  

And then there are the times when God tells people to kill a whole town of people.  Men, women and children, and even animals.  Now I know that it was a much more brutal time back then.  It still is difficult for me to understand but this video helped if you've ever had the question of how does the character of God in the Old Testament and New Testament Jesus fit together. (video at the end of blog post). 

Stained glass window in the Church of the Resurrection- a large United Methodist church in town.  It's beautiful and I love it. 


I love spending time with this little girl.


Gwen's class did an art project to auction off.


I thought these were funny.


This is a hat that Gwen crocheted.  I thought she looked so cute in it I had to take a photo.


I've started using this type of lipstick called Lipsense.  It seems like everyone is selling something all the time.


Romy found a little cubby in my classroom to hide out in.


She had a singing presentation in CBS (Community Bible Study).  I love the look of a child first noticing their mom in the audience.  This was Romy's.


1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I so need some Jane Austin temporary tattoos!