Thursday, January 12, 2017

Turning 40 and 7

I took down my Christmas decorations the very next day after coming home from Alabama.  I was looking for something new to look at.  I decided to go with a bird mantel using things I already had.  I just got the wooden hanging this Christmas.  I was happy the way it turned out. 


I saw this picture on Pinterest and knew I wanted to make it at some point- a mint chocolate chip cake.


Max makes himself at home in different places at night.  Mostly on the top bunk.


Zeke sprouted a pumpkin seed at school.  He's been tending it and this is his inside his room. He's my little gardener.


I turned 40 on January 6th.  I can't believe it in a way, and then in another, I feel every moment.  This chicken and dumplings helped so very much with the trauma of turning 40.


Our neighborhood friend, Chris, goes to church with us most weekends.  He got a suit for Christmas and he wanted to wear it.  I told him there's nothing like a sharp dressed man.


I made Zeke's birthday cake all from scratch.  You guessed it... mint chocolate chip.  It was absolutely the most delicious cake I've had in a very long time.  He wanted a chameleon on the cake and after looking for a while settled on this one from the movie "Tangled". Zeke is 7 now!


We took him and some buddies to a Japanese steak house where they cook in front of you.  They were pretty amazed.







Max looks at me a lot like this.  He greets us when we walk in the door and always wants to be where we are.  He's a sweet natured cat and overall I'm glad he is our guest.  The kitty litter is the only thing that I have to adjust to.




1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Happy Birthday! I'm feeling it too :)