Tuesday, July 26, 2016

More Summer

Here I am serving at a women's home for those that are in transition from homelessness into a new life.  Our church goes down there once a month and brings a meal and we visit with them and have a short devotional.  We thought the hair nets were funny. 


There were a couple of hawks hanging around our backyard that would screech to each other.  I'm not sure if they were learning to fly, or what but it got pretty old, even for a bird lover like me.




Here's Romy waiting for Gwen and Zeke to finish swimming lessons.  They really have done well this year with swimming.  We might finally be getting it.


There are a thousand times a day when I look into this face and think "what would I do without you?"


I've had a couple of weeks of sadness.  Not depression, but just sadness.  Sometimes when you try really hard, even then, you let people down unintentionally.  I feel like us mothers have a lot going on with raising our kids, maintaining marriages, checking in on our other family members, cooking, leading at church... well... and you mix in grief from a recentish death in the family and you get a great recipe for dropping a ball.  I'm thankful God's mercies are new every morning and that He knows my heart. I read the story of the transfiguration today.  How when God spoke and said "this is my beloved Son, whom I love" and the other disciples got face down from fear... how Jesus came and touched them and said "don't fear". I like the idea of Jesus touching my shoulder and saying "everything will be ok.. don't fear."
 

No comments: