Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Prayers

I recently did a concert with the Kansas City Chorale of Jewish music.  We sang the following prayer in Hebrew.. but I really liked the translation.

O Lord, may the words of my mouth,
and the meditations of my heart
be acceptable before Thee,
Adonai, my Rock and Redeemer
Amen.

I've also been studying the book of Revelation with a Community Bible Study (CBS) nearby.  It has been very good.  We read this past week about the throne room of God and all the 4 beings, 24 elders, myriads of angels, and all creation sings.  I wrote this in response.

With You I am whole
With You I am nourished
With You I am clothed in white
With You I am secure
With You I will rise again
With You I am home

Then when I read it later, I realized this poem was all about me... and heaven is definitely NOT all about me.  It is all about God's beauty, glory, purity, majesty and love.

And then there is a little girl named Claire.  I went to high school with her mom.  Her mom graduated a year before I did.  Her little infant girl got sick and then doctors discovered that she has a tumor in her abdomen.  She had surgery and removed a large part, but it was all intertwined with her organs, tissues and vessels.  They are now doing chemotherapy to see if it might prevent the tumor from growing.  I've had some long talks with God about this girl.  I've just had to surrender that I believe God is Sovereign and I've asked Him to spare her life and heal her.  There is so much of this life that I do not understand and my heart can't make sense of.  All I know is that one day I believe I will understand the detailed plans that God has written in His scroll with the 7 seals.  Until then, life will always be mysterious and wonderful and hard. 

I saw this picture the other day of a veil nebula that they captured with the hubble telescope.  This is made out of gas and dust.  

<span class='image-component__caption' itemprop="caption">NASA releases images of the Veil Nebula captured by the Hubble Space Telescope.</span>

No comments: