Thursday, September 17, 2015

On A Thursday

 Today was a full day of parenthood.  Ben isn't home quite yet and it's almost 8:30pm.  This was my day just cause I want to remember what a typical day is in years to come.

I woke at 6:30am and finally got out of bed at 7am.
7:30 I couldn't find Gwen and Zeke.  They were outside swinging on a neighbor's swing set.  It nearly scared me to death and Gwen wasn't ready for school and she gets picked up at 8am. 
8am I hear Romy talking in bed and when I go to get her she tells me no, I'd like to stay here in bed and read this book.  I let her.
After I make sure the older two have snacks, shoes on, backpacks and such, they are picked up.  Then I go to retrieve Romy. 
She still doesn't want me to pick her up but I do and then discover her diaper has overflowed and the bedding is all wet.  I take off her clothes, take off the bedding and put it in the laundry basket.  Get Romy dressed.
Romy has breakfast and I go comb my hair.  We went to Ace Hardware, then the bank, then Walmart.  Then off to pick up Zeke from school.  Lunches made.
Then after lunch Romy goes for a nap and I work with Zeke.  Sight words, homework for school, work on memorizing the books of the Bible. 
Then I let him have play time with his friend Luke while I put garage sale items in the car and transported them 5 houses down and unload them.  I do that several times.
Then off to get gas because the light is on and then off to pick up Gwen from school.  We get back and I make dinner... for tonight and tomorrow night.  Tonight is scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls in the waffle maker and cottage cheese and sugar snap peas.  (I know, strange) Tomorrow split pea soup and bread.
After dinner we go down to the neighbor's house to arrange and price garage sale items while the kids play.
Baths, teeth brushing, Bible reading, listening to more Bible books recited, tucking in and kisses.  I took a shower, and now...  as I was tucking Zeke in I saw this note from Gwen on his desk.  It made my heart glad. 


When I look at this little face I think, "I hope she views herself like I view her."  I see my features... but she wears them so much better.  I see that spark of knowing and the little voice and wispy blond hair like little feathers.  I know her personality.  She loves to be funny and to say "poo poo" and then cackle.  She is a great companion.





No comments: