Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Series of Surrenders

I've been thinking today how life is one series of surrenders after another.  It takes wisdom to know what to take up and what to lay down.
I went out on a limb and asked to try that solo in the video before.  I tried it and it was ok... but after several times of singing it in front of my peers I felt insecure.  So I voiced my concern and now it looks like someone else will be singing it.  I'm ok with it.  In fact, I feel relief.  What's that saying about setting something free and if it returns to you it was yours all along?  I don't know...but I let it go.
That's just a small thing.... but these small things can really make up a life.  I mean, how many times in a marriage do you have to surrender something?  How many times as a mom do you have to surrender something?  lots.
Here's a story I first heard about on Focus on the Family.  I sometimes listen to that program in the morning as I get the kids ready for school.  I was struck by this woman's heart and outlook in the midst of a difficult situation.  She just went home to heaven a few days ago, so please say a prayer for her family.


No comments: