All Night Vigil I had it cranked today in the car pickup line and instead of looking at my phone I was listening to Rachmaninoff and I actually saw a woodpecker looking for a good tree to peck!
Two of my other goals during this Lent is to send letters to people just for fun and also to try new recipes. I found this group of recipes in a Cooking Light magazine that I'm subscribed to that you cook once and eat three times on it. I thought... ok... let's see how far this goes with my family. So, tonight we tried Mustard Glazed Chicken with Roasted Vegetables. We had blueberries as a side for the kids as well. Everyone liked it very much. I have left over roasted vegetables for at least one more meal, so that's good.
If you'd like to try this recipe out here it is!
6 C cubed peeled butternut squash (about 3lbs)
3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 parnips, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (I didn't use parnips, so I added more carrots)
2 small red onions, cut into 1 inch wedges
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
olive oil (I used grapeseed oil)
1 T minced fresh rosemary (I used powdered rosemary)
kosher salt
pepper
4 chicken breasts
1/2 C chicken stock
1/4 C dry white wine (I replaced this with more chicken broth cause who has dry white wine at the ready?)
2 T whole grain mustard
2 tsp honey
Preheat oven to 425. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add 3 T oil, rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt and some pepper and toss. Put it on a baking sheet (I use parchment paper) and roast for 30 minutes- stirring once.
Heat 1 T oil in large skillet over med/high heat. Salt and pepper chicken and cook breasts for 5 minutes on each side so they are done. Remove chicken from pan. Add broth and cook 2 minutes. Stir in mustard and honey. Add chicken and turn to coat.
After dinner Gwen does her homework. She is reading to me and here you can see that Romy has a lot to say. This is her early speech and it is funny to us all.


1 comment:
There is just no other way to put it - Romy and I are kin! She has lots of things to discuss :-) Gwen looks like she is thrilled to be reading that exciting book to you too. Have you tried audiobooks? Clay did not enjoy reading until one day in about the second grade he finally found a book he like (Tom Sawyer) and then we were good. Hang in there!!
Post a Comment