Thursday, December 18, 2014

Snowman Ornaments

We made homemade Christmas ornaments the other day inspired by my friend Leah.  We used things we had on hand to make what is supposed to look like a snowman that has melted.  We used peppercorns because I thought that might look like lumps of coal.  The first attempt was not pretty.



but the second and third and fourth attempts looked much better!


I've been in an attempt this year to do away with all the metal hooks on our ornaments and replace them with strings.  I saw an X-ray of some kid that swallowed a hook and now I'm nervous.  With all the babies we've got coming into the family now and also my Romy I just thought I would ere on the side of caution. 

A week until Christmas.  I'm looking forward to it.  I'm getting more and more in the Christmas spirit. 

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I love the peppercorns! We use string loops on almost all of our ornaments, mostly because I get tired of hooking them back on every year!