Saturday, November 01, 2014

Fall Memories

A few weeks ago Gwen pulled her first tooth.  I always thought it was gross when parents saved their kid's teeth.  Um... I might have Gwen's in my jewelry box.  I couldn't bring myself to throw it away yet. 


Above the candy, above the dressing up and being with friends, the kids were most excited to go in a haunted garage our neighbor put up.  They had me drive by it daily.


Gwen's school Halloween parade.  Katie Beth is in front of her as a pink lego.


Her class party.  We hear a lot about this little boy, Gabriel.  Gwen really likes him.  She's holding a plastic bat.  From what you see on the desk guess what I contributed.  That's right, the orange. :) 


The kids and Ben.  Gwen was an angel, Zeke a robot, and Romy a pumpkin.


She made this pose when I asked to take her picture.  Nothing like a sassy angel huh?


This is total de ja vous.  Gwen wore this same outfit a few years ago and looked very similar. 


This was Gwen a few years ago...


Ben dressed in his soda bot costume he made himself. 


We fashioned a light in his helmet.


Kids at an apartment complex we minister to with an organization called Mission Southside.  We go there each week and meet people, pray with people and are hoping that we can start a Bible discovery group there and make disciples.  Things are in the early stages there, but we are covering this place with prayer.



I've been needing to use up my fresh herbs before frost hits.  This year instead of drying them I made different flavored salts.  I now have a basil salt and a rosemary salt.  You just put a cup of herbs with a cup of kosher salt... whir it in your blender or food processor, put it on a baking sheet and bake at 225 for 30 minutes.  Stir it halfway through cooking time.  You may ask... what do you use it for?  Primarily roasting vegetables or on tomatoes or on buttered bread... but the possibilities are endless. :)  Plus, when it is baking it smells heavenly.


Romy in Costco.  She loves stuffed animals.


1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Soda bot! I love it!