Sunday, February 09, 2014

Trying to Keep Up

I have been informed by my sister-in-law, Beki, that I have not been posting enough on here.  We have had a cold winter and quite a bit of snow.  It makes me a little stir crazy and makes me want to bake.  (both are not good for me)  We've been making homemade Valentines and having friends and family over and raising kids.  Here's what we do when we get desperate for entertainment...put glue sticks in our noses.  Can't you see why Ben is my perfect match?




Gwen had the 100th day of school.  This was never a holiday growing up.  Uncle Jeff helped to make a log cabin out of pretzel sticks for a project.


The kids have enjoyed playing in the snow.  Here's Zeke coming in for a quick warm up.



In other news, I joined Weight Watchers again.  I need accountability in this area and I have always struggled with my weight.  It has fluctuated so much in my 10 years of marriage and having three kids and now I find myself back in the game of strengthening that resistance muscle again.  Resistance to giving in to my own desires, which is basically too much food.  I know God has given me His Spirit, and that the fruit of the Spirit is self control.  I get hungry while nursing, so any prayers you can send my way would be great.  I want God to be the God of my health too!  Ok, enough about me... how are you weathering the winter?

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I agree with Beki! Facebook is ok but I like blogs so much more. And I thought about saying something sarcastic about our weather, but I will resist!