It has been a whirlwind lately in the Barreth home. Gwen got a little sick. I got sick and it stuck around long enough to drive me crazy. It was a fever only, but along with being 8 months pregnant it was a doozy. Then last Monday Ben lost his job. Let me back up. We had prayed specifically recently that God would show Ben if he was to move on from this job or to stay. Well, God answered that prayer in a definite and sudden way... but that's ok, cause we serve a BIG GOD!
You know what's crazy about it all? Ben and I are at peace about it. If we can trust God with our afterlife, then we can trust Him with taking care of our needs. Ben has been interviewing and we are trusting. Trusting in God's timing for a job, trusting in God's timing for this baby, trusting in God's provision... isn't so much of our lives out of our control? And the parts that seem in our control... well, most of those aren't in our control either. So, as I enter my 9th month tomorrow I'd like to just raise my hand and thank God that I have hope. I have hope in someone greater than me and greater than is in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Meredith! You will be in my prayers! Your hope is an encouragement to me :)
Post a Comment