Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Thoughts Swimming in My Head


James 1:27

English Standard Version (ESV)
27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

I heard this verse the other day on the radio.  I've heard it before and then it struck me again.  Pure and undefiled.. don't we all want that in our lives?  

So, the other night I saw flashing lights at a house down the street.  A man died and now his widow lives alone.  I don't know her... but how do I make myself available to her?  Orphans... it doesn't just mean the kids in the orphanages... people that need help.  People that have lost their way.  How do we stay unstained from the world?  Walking in the light as He is in the light?

Galations 5:25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 

No comments: