Over the past few months I've been going to an aerobics class for pregnant people once a week. Last night before we started we were comparing belly buttons and talking about how we felt and about decorating baby rooms. Everyone's experience is so different and I was thinking last night before going to sleep that I need to try to write some of the small things down so I can remember what it feels like for me to be pregnant. How fast the time is going! I'm sure I'll feel that way when the baby comes too. Anyway... so here are some things to remember about how I feel at this point of my pregnancy.
1. It feels like I have a very large coconut lodged in my lower abdomen that I have to kind of figure out how to bend and move around.
2. When the baby moves it sort of feels like when your eye twitches. I often feel it move as I am waking up in the morning now. I like the gentle reminder that it is there and it is growing.
3. Although intellectually I know a baby will come out in a few months, I feel like when it does that it will be the biggest shock of my life to see a person with eyebrows and eyeballs looking at me.
4. Last night the aerobics leader was asking this other girl and me (our due dates are about 3 days apart) when we were going to a childbirth class. The other girl is going to one and I have decided not to go to one. My doctor said I could choose and the funny thing is that I don't feel guilty.
5. Naming someone is very difficult... so I hope our baby is happy with whatever we end up choosing.
6. I haven't really had that many cravings to speak of, but here lately I really want grapefruits really bad.
7. Sometimes my lower back feels very tight and warm showers seem to help.
8. The borrowed baby bed came yesterday and I'm anxious to see what it looks like set up.
9. I find some similarities to being pregnant and getting married. I used to say that if you go into a bakery and say "I'd like a cake" they'll say, "that will be $20." But if you make the mistake of saying, "I'd like a wedding cake" they will look you square in the eye and say, "that will be $300." I've found having a baby can be a time when a lot of people buy a lot of stuff for emotional reasons and I try to keep everything is perspective.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
re. #2 - the thing I have the hardest time remembering about being pregnant is how it felt for the baby to move inside of me! Even though I know it felt like you describe it, I can't really remember what it felt like to feel like that. :)
re. #3 - I felt EXACTLY like that when I was pregnant with Caleb. It was much easier to envision a baby when I was pregnant with Annalise.
re. #9 - that is hilarious! But don't be too severe with new parents until your little coconut is here. Babies make all of us a little insane ;) - Last week the kids and I went to see Cyndi and her kids. We talked for nearly two hours (while chasing toddlers) all the while stopping and starting in the middle of topics, never finishing what we were talking about and basically making no sense to each other. When I left, we both felt like we'd had a good time!
#2. It's funny, now that I read how you described it, that is exactly how it felt like. I just could never put it into words!
Oh, and you look lovely and glowy in white!
You are so wise to write these things down. Once that little bundle of joy gets here, you'll forget...everything! (just kidding)
Totally agree with meanpuppies on not making any sense while talking while kids are running around. It will happen!
Olya
Thanks for the comments you guys. Leah, I'd like you to meet my artistic and hillariously wonderuful mother of four beautiful girls, Olya. Olya, I'd like you to meet my fun and black bean lovin', mother of a boy and a girl, Miami friend Leah. (actually Leah is southern too- from Arkansas)
Nice to meet you, Leah!
Thanks, Meredith.
Olya
Nice to meet you too Olya! I've heard Meredith talk about you often. :)
Since ds was so early I didn't really get to a point that manuvering with a belly was difficult except when it came to shaving my legs. That got a little more tricky.
Wait til the baby is here. I hate to spend money on myself, but once I had a baby it got a lot easier to let go of those dollars. Though I've saved some by learning to smock and making most of his church clothes.
Laura S
It really is good to write everything down because you wont remember it all. Then you think when the baby does all those cute things you'll never forget but you will, so write it all down. Its fun to go back and read it.
Lisa
Post a Comment