We also recently took out our old microwave and replaced it with a newer one. Guess where we got it? That's right, craigslist. Anyway.. you can see the before picture with the wood cabinets and the after pictures with the painted.
Before Ben could install the new microwave he had to do some demolition of some kitchen tiles that were behind there.
Chicken Pesto Pizza
2 tsp active dry yeast
1 C warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
2 3/4 C bread flour (I used all purpose)
1 T plus 2 tsp olive oil, divided
1 T sugar
1- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (I used almost a pound)
1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
1/2 each small green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
1/2 C sliced fresh mushrooms (I left these off because I don't like mushrooms)
3 T prepared pesto (I think I used more)
1-1/2 C (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (I used torn up mozzarella slices I had on hand and also some grated parmesean)
1/4 tsp pepper (I used more because I like it)
In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Beat in the flour, 1 tablespoon oil, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, onion, peppers and mushrooms in remaining oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
Punch dough down; roll into a 15 in circle (or square). Transfer to a 14 in pizza pan. (if you have one) Build up edges slightly. Spread with pesto. Top with chicken mixture and cheese. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned.
1 comment:
the pizza looks delicious!!!!! if i have the patience to let the dough rise i will try it....not looking too good though. lol....
Post a Comment