Monday, March 31, 2008

New Projects

My newest projects included planting some beautiful pansies my mother-in-law bought for me this weekend. I have one pot on the back porch and one on the front. Aren't they beautiful?
Also... I am recovering and painting a little footstool for the baby room. I am going to paint the wood white and then I'm going to recover the cushion part. Here is the before shot.

and this is the fabric I chose. I know, I know, it looks a little like "hey! I'm eccentric!", but I don't care. Those things on there are little blue coral bushes. :)

8 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I like the fabric, what makes it so eccentric?

Unknown said...

I don't know... I guess the coral bushes. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

You are becoming such a domestic moma...... or were you always like that? I like the fabric too.

Lisa

Stephanie said...

Why are you planting pansies at this time of year? Do they last through the summer in Kansas? Mine are dying quickly and the sun will kill them for sure. Just wondering - Your favorite sister. Oh and tell Olya that I want to be able to read her blog. Adam never posts to their site anymore.

Unknown said...

Lisa, I haven't always been domestic. I found there are only so many domestic things you could do in a one bedroom apartment, but now that we have our own home the sky is the limit!! Stephanie, I'm planting pansies this time of year because they will last until June. That's about when I will lose all planting energy ok? :)

Anonymous said...

Love that new look of your blog! And love that fabric! Looks like something I'd choose. It reminds me of the Black sea. Will you have a theme for the baby room or just use "ecclectic" approach? Olya

Unknown said...

I'm going for a seaside theme to the room. So... we painted the room sort of tanish/peachish and I've got pictures of seaside things in there. :) I'll post pictures.