
The church we have been going to for about a month had three services on Easter morning to accommodate visitors. Ben, Pam and I went to the first service at 8:30. The pastor made a comparison between Jesus and the Passover lamb. He emphasized the perfect timing of all of that and much to our surprise he brought out a real 3 week old lamb. It was so cute! Right at the point where the pastor was reading how the Israelites would kill the lamb it started bleating! He took out a big machete and I thought it my head "if this guy kills that lamb, I'm not coming back here." Fortunately, he didn't kill it but used fake blood to show how the Israelites did the door frame and stuff. Something I didn't know was how well sheep can see. The human can see about 170 degrees around themselves, but a sheep can see about 270 degrees around themselves. Wow! After that service I told Ben I don't think I can ever eat lamb again, but today my mother-in-law bought lamb chops at the market, so I don't think it bothered her.
On another note, today when we went to the market I was looking at all these spices that this guy had and I saw one called "funugreek". I asked the man what you use that spice for and he said "well, it helps new mom's milk production." I had never heard of that before! He said to boil it and then eat it with honey. I happened to be going to a baby shower tonight, so I took some of that funugreek and put it in a baggy and put in a honey straw and an article as an extra present to the stuff I already got her. (by the way, you're not supposed to eat it while pregnant because it's supposed to be a uterine stimulant- don't worry I let her know) So when the moment came for her to open her present and she pulled out the little baggy you can imagine my face when she said "is this pot?" and then as I was laughing I tried to explain what it was!! Stuff like that happens to me all the time. Oh well....
2 comments:
Hilarious story about that baby shower! So like you, Meredith!
Olya
That's fantastic! You might be glad to know of some uterine stimulants in a couple of months ;)
Post a Comment